Welcome to the Toronto Sailing & Canoe Club. We are a non-profit, volunteer-run club located right on Lake Ontario in Toronto's Humber Bay. Founded in 1880, the club offers racing, cruising, sailing instruction, recreational paddling and children's sailing camps. Moor your boat, drysail it, or sail one of our fleet boats. Dragon boat and outrigger teams are resident as well.
TS&CC has been the organizer of the Ice Breaker regatta since 1970. Sail Canada and the Ontario Sailing Association have selected the club as one of the training centres for Canada’s high performance sailing team, where young sailors train for international competition and the Olympic Games.
COVID-19 related decisions: Launch and other Club events postponedT
The Toronto Sailing & Canoe Club is continually monitoring the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) health situation in our province and beyond. These are exceptionally difficult and unusual circumstances and the health and safety of all members remain, as always, of utmost importance to us.
As the scope and longer-term reality of COVID-19 continues to evolve, our immediate concern for the health of our members is joined by a concern for the financial viability of our club and the people who are employed by our club.
We aim to update our members regularly as new information presents itself.
Issues we are addressing currently are:
- Launch - The Board has decided to postpone launch until June 6th, 2020. Depending on the situation this may change.
- Moorings - We are discontinuing with mooring refurbishment until it is safe to do so. This may leave some moorings unavailable.
- Icebreaker - This event will be cancelled.
- Sailing School - A decision whether to cancel/postpone each specific course session will be made 4 weeks before that session's start date.
- Race Team - Our race team which normally begins training in April will be postponed until later this Summer
- Financial Impact - We will be assessing the financial impact of all of our decisions.
- Attendance at the Club - The club is closed and all activities have been cancelled. During the current phase of the city's required social distancing, this includes any work being done on boats pre-launch. Please note that we will not be sterilizing the club. We ask that all members adhere to the recommendations from the various sporting organizations:
- New Organization - Proposed changes to our organization and the hiring of new positions have been deferred.
- Club Upgrades - Items approved at the General Meeting have been deferred until we understand the financial impact of the situation.
We hope that you and your friends and family avoid the tragedy that is unfolding around us. We also hope that we can have at least some summer on the water.
The TS&CC Board
TS&CC Merchandise goes Digital!
TSCC Merchandise has gone digital!
If you’d like to order hats, shirts, burgees or jackets with the TSCC logo, you can now do so online. Once the item is ready you will be notified via email and the merchandise you ordered will be available to pick up at the club.
To access the Merchandise page, you must be logged in (the login button is at the top of the Home Page). Once you’re logged in, click to go to our Merchandise page! You can browse photos and order from that page. You can also find merchandise on display in the front hallway of the clubhouse.
Looking forward to seeing a lot more TSCC gear around the club this year!
2020 Sailing Courses
Registration for 2020 Sailing Courses is now open! Go to our Sailing School home page to register now before spots fill up!
Would you like to sail this summer, but you don’t own your own boat? If you have previous sailing experience you may qualify to join our club as a Fleet Member, which allows you to sail our club-owned boats all summer for one affordable fee! Find more information on our Fleet Membership here.
1391 Lake Shore Blvd West
Toronto ON M6K 3C1
Phone: (647) 242-4856 (enquiries regarding our programs or fleet membership - 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday - Friday)
Clubhouse Phone: (416) 531-0403
The Toronto Sailing & Canoe Club is proud to have the
Ontario Trillium Foundation as a funding partner.